Prince Harry pays homage to terror victims

A heart touching homage was paid to the victims of the London terror attack by the Price Harry, as he marked 100 days until the next Invictus Games; after it surfaced into sight that two Australians were among the dead in the latest British atrocity.

He said, “I would like to start by sending my thoughts to those affected by Saturday’s attack in London Bridge.”

Prince Harry was attending a press conference outside Admiralty House, home of the Queen’s representative in Australia Peter Cosgrove.

In Saturday’s attack, two Australian were killed along with the five people when three men, wearing fake suicide vests, trimmed down pedestrians on London Bridge in a van before slashing and stabbing revelers in Borough Market.

Paying tribute to the victims, the former soldier said, “Australians form an important and vibrant part of the fabric of life in London and we are reminded of that in good times and bad.And our hearts go out to the victims, their friends and families.”

Prince Harry also highlighted the May 22 suicide bombing at the Manchester Arena, in which 22 people were killed including children. He said, “When a bomb left a number of people with life-changing injuries in Manchester last month, wounded veterans, including Invictus team members, immediately offered advice and support to the victims through the recovery process.”

“The commitment to serve is ingrained in every member of the armed forces and is the embodiment of the Invictus spirit,” he added.

Patron of the Invictus Games (for injured and sick service personnel); Prince Harry was in Sydney to promote the sporting show. The game was launched in 2014 and is in Toronto this year, before moving to Sydney in 2018.

Harry said, “The Invictus Games show us it is possible to overcome adversity and that the impossible is possible if you have the will.”

Recent Comments